Attorney Barbara C. Long
Portland Sex Abuse and Crime Victim Attorney
Barb enjoys fighting on behalf of the injured and vulnerable. She knows her way around a courtroom, having tried numerous cases to verdict and argued countless motions and contested hearings. In 2018, she and her law partner Randy tried a sexual abuse case against a church to verdict where the jury awarded $800,000 in damages.
As part of her practice, Barb also volunteers her time defending crime victims who have been sued by their perpetrators, and helping survivors of domestic abuse obtain restraining orders. Prior to moving to Portland in 2012, Barb practiced for five years in Chicago where she litigated police misconduct cases and personal injury matters.
Barb is active in the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, where she co-chairs the Women's Caucus and Publications Committee. She also serves on the Oregon State Bar House of Delegates. In her spare time, Barb enjoys coaching the Ida B. Wells High School mock trial team, spending time with her family, and hiking in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Barb lives in Portland with her husband and two children.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois (retired)
- U.S. District Courts of Oregon and Illinois
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 2006
- B.A., Beloit College, Beloit, Wisconsin, 2001
Bar Memberships & Associations:
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- The American Association for Justice
- National Alliance of Victims’ Rights Attorneys & Advocates